Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Stuff

Posting Bio -- 1
Submissions -- 3
Writing 6833 -- 2
Editing 18,974 -- 3
TOTAL -- 9 pts. yay!

Koala Challenge 9

I don't believe I missed another editing point by 26 words! [headdesk x a dozen]

It also makes my writing log look weird. I do my best to keep track of how things are going, wordcount-wise, and when I go through editing I usually have some weird little number. Figure, you delete some, add some, rewrite a sentence or a paragraph, diddle with your wording here and there, and after how ever many hours of work you end up with a total of 18 words over where you were before. Which looks ridiculous on the table, like I did ninety seconds of writing that day. Editing's like that, though. :/

Anyway, one of my New Year's goals was to be on Koala Approves (at least nine points) every month this year. I just made it for January, thanks to the Koala granting us a one-time point for posting a bio on the New-Challenge-Starting-Yay post. I'll have to do it all on my own this month, and with three fewer days too, yikes!

Back to work. :)

Angie

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I do keep a journal of how much writing I do but don't break it down in this kind of detail. Not just a little obsessive are you? :)

Angie said...

Charles -- LOL! I actually think of myself as "anal" about this sort of thing, and I'm not even ashamed to say so anymore. :D

Each story I work on in a given day has a line. Date (on the first line -- leave it blank after if I diddle with more than one story that day), then title, then wordcount when I start, wordcount when I finish, the delta, and total words for the day. The last two columns are the same if I only worked on one story, else I add it all up and put the total in the last column of the last line for that day.

Easier to do than explain, but there's no room in this space to actually demonstrate. I like looking at data, though, and this lets me get it all at a glance.

Angie