Thursday, August 16, 2012

Emerging Magic and A Hidden Magic out in Paperback

Amazon has copies of Emerging Magic in paperback. The paper version is 390 pages long, and costs $16.95, free shipping if you have Prime.

I also have to laugh -- there are three companies offering to third-party sell you a new copy already, all with a $3.99 charge for shipping, which is doubtless how number one, who's charging $16.94 (Ooooo, discount!) is making money. Number two is charging $17.19, and number three (who's got to be seriously delusional, is all I can say) is charging $57.87. Good luck, dude. :)

I've heard some other writers griping about this, but so long as I get my royalty, they can sell the book for whatever retail price they like. I'm certainly not going to stress out over a business whiz who thinks he can sell a sixteen-something dollar book for almost sixty dollars, on the same page with a [Buy] button for the (identical) sixteen-something dollar version.

Anyway, I'm sort of boinging over here, because this is my first paperback book. I turned in the EM galleys ahead of the HM galleys, so I'm assuming the paperback Hidden Magic will show up some time soon; I'll definitely post about it when it does.

[ETA: Charisstoma found the A Hidden Magic paperback. It's not linked to the Kindle edition yet, so I didn't see it -- stealth paperback! It's 248 pages, and costs $14.95 with Prime shipping available. Thanks to Charisstoma for pointing it out!]

Angie

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've seen that happen with my stuff too, 3rd parties selling it for higher than you can buy it new on Amazon or B and N. weird.

Angie said...

Charles -- it has to be profitable or they wouldn't do it, right? But I'll admit I can't see how this works.

Angie

Suzan Harden said...

Yay on having paperbacks out!

Angie said...

Suzan -- thanks! Definitely yay! :D

Angie