Saturday, July 28, 2007

I Have a What...?

So, I'm posting a comment on someone else's blog which happens to be hosted on Blogger.com and it asks me if I want to post under "my" blog name. I go "Huh?" Apparently I had a Blogger blog just because I have a Gmail account, or something like that. Ummm, okay. So I wandered over to see what it looked like and... I had to sign up for it so I didn't really have it but it was sort of there. Kind of. Or at least the commenting function thought so. And I figured, what the heck, so here I am.

Signing up for e-mail and finding out more than two and a half years later that it comes with a blog is like buying a car and more than two and a half years later noticing for the first time the keys to a house in the trunk. [bemused smile] Kind of like a prize in a box of cereal, only weirder.

The timing is good, though, because I've been thinking about getting back to writing original fiction again, and the one time I posted an original story on my LiveJournal (for International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day, founded by Jo Walton in honor [cough] of Dr. Howard Hendrix -- see here for the founding of the event, and here for the origin of the movement and an explanation of where the name came from) it was pretty clear that people who read fanfic aren't interested in reading original fic, especially if said original fic isn't romance the way most of my fanfics are. So separating the two seems logical. And since I have this spare blog just sort of lying here anyway, well, there you go.

Angie, dusting and airing and thinking about how to arrange the furniture

No comments: