Friday, November 1, 2013

HELL NO: The Sensible Horror Film

This is awesome. Why aren't all horror movies like this? I mean, okay, there'd have to be some more actual danger to make a good movie, but that just means the writers have to work harder to put characters with functional brains into dangerous and scary situations. Is it really that hard? I do think this is a writing issue, although I get that in Hollywood, the writer is generally the omega dog in the pack and isn't allowed to do a good job even if he/she wants to and is capable. I wish Hollywood would let its writers create characters who don't have great, gaping chasms between their ears. I might watch more horror movies if they did.

Until that happens, check this one out. :)



Thanks to Pam Singer for sending me the link to this!

Angie

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah, this was hilarious.

Angie said...

Charles -- wasn't it? I'm not usually all that into online videos for whatever reason, but this one I just had to share. :)

Angie