Sunday, February 2, 2014

But It's Groundhog Day...?

So I'm sitting here working on a story (which is due in by midnight) and I hear this hollow, distant boom from outside. Weird. Sounds like a fireworks type rocket going off, but there's only one, so I figure it must be a car backfiring or something. About ten minutes later there's another one. Then a few minutes after that, another one.

Then a few minutes ago it sounded like Fourth of July outside and I'm all o_O because it's NOT Fourth of July. :/ I go call downstairs to Jim, "Did Groundhog Day become a fireworks holiday when I wasn't listening?" Because this is seriously weird, like, Twilight Zone type weird.

Jim calls back, "It's the Superbowl. Seattle probably won."

Ahh.

Can you tell I'm not any kind of a football fan? I vaguely remember hearing that Seattle was playing, but giving no damns, I let it slip out of my head. I guess the city fathers care more than I do, if they spent the money on a fireworks show. [wry smile]

I suppose my city winning the Superbowl is somewhat more likely than my city deciding to set off fireworks for Groundhog Day.

Yay Seattle?

Angie, going back to writing

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Lol. In contrast to you, when New Orleans won the super bowl I was a ball of energy and excitement and enjoyed it all. Then I went back to writing. :)

Angie said...

Charles -- I'm glad football exists for the people who are into it. [grin]

Angie, who did finish her story last night, yay!

Lauren said...

Haha. Too funny. I didn't watch the SuperBowl this year either.

Angie said...

Lauren -- we should start a club or something. :)

A couple days later, they had a PARADE downtown. o_O We were supposed to get groceries delivered that day, but the store cancelled all their deliveries because of the traffic snarl. [sigh] I wonder if my neighbors would hate me too much if I spent next football season hoping really hard for our team to lose...? :P

Angie