Saturday, December 8, 2007

Updates

Why is it that everything's due around the holidays? [laugh/flail] I just got another short story done and proofed and submitted to Torquere last night for their holiday promotion -- gotta love the quick turn-around time of an e-publisher. And NaNo just ate November, except for the chunk in the middle when I was at my mom's, which took its own fairly huge bite. And one lesson I learned last month was to try not to make journal posts of great general interest when I'm supposed to be spending all my free time writing; I cross-posted the piece about badly-written BDSM fiction to my LiveJournal and it got a nice even 125 comments. O_O Of course, almost half of them were mine, posting replies to people, but still, that's a lot and it took up a huge chunk of time of its own.

Still to come this month, I owe a story for a holiday fic exchange, and a short chunk to Torquere for their Advent Calendar. They're posting a short, free chunk of something each day -- story snippets and recipes and whatever all else the writers have come up with, and some of them come with discounts on stories by the writer whose day it is. Check it out. :)

I also have a novelette called "A Spirit of Vengeance" coming out today -- I'll post a link when it goes up on the site -- and I'm spending the day hanging out at the Torquere Social community on LiveJournal, so wander over and say hi. :) I'll be giving away a free copy of the e-book to someone on the community; info on that will go up some time around noon.

Later all! [wave]

Angie

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like a busy time. Congrats on the new work coming out. Do give us the link.

Angie said...

Thanks, Charles. :) It's up -- the link's in the next post, with an excerpt.

Angie